The Importance of Digital Marketing in the Face of Covid-19
The threat of COVID-19 has brought uncertainty to many of our lives. In business particularly, the deadly disease has forced many companies to reduce or completely halt operations, and questions regarding their very survival are becoming a growing concern.
To stay afloat and make through this crisis, many businesses are turning to digital marketing to stay in touch with their customers and remain relevant in their respective industries. Why is this the case? We’ll provide the answers to that question in the sections below.
Why are businesses turning to digital marketing these days?
There are several reasons that make digital marketing more important now than ever before. These include:
- Many companies are losing significant sums of money because of the pandemic. Digital marketing, as a way of conducting business without the need for physical contact, represents the safest solution for them to continue on while adhering to social distancing protocols.
- The public, in general, has more time on their hands than they did before. This gives them more incentive to seek out online transactions—whether in the form of products or information—to effectively take care of their needs. They are also more receptive to what businesses have to offer now.
- In times of crisis, people look for new ways to cope and band together. The digital realm is an excellent medium for doing so, as it allows people from anywhere in the world to contribute to each others’ well being.
How Your Business Can Leverage Digital Marketing Today
Now that we’ve discussed the importance of digital marketing in the situation we’re all faced with today, let’s go over some of the ways your business can take advantage of the digital technologies available today.
- Provide timely and relevant information for your customers:
- You want to do your best to keep your business operational, but you should also do know with the current situation in mind. Inform your customers as to how the pandemic has affected your business, and outline the ways in which you have addressed them. This way, you can show people that you are taking the necessary steps to ensure not only your business’s survival but also the safety of your customers
- Refocus your advertising on the Internet
- If you have invested in paid advertising in the past, now is a good time to reevaluate your ad campaign to bring more attention to your business. Again, you want to ensure your ads are relevant to the situation at hand, so you need to adjust your content and overall campaign to reflect that. Focus on what’s important now: the crisis and what we can do to get through it.
- Allow your customers to replicate your products and services
- Now that your business is not as accessible to customers, you have to be more creative in giving them the value that they’re looking for. This is easier to perform for some businesses, particularly for those that were already purely digital even before the pandemic. For others, however, producing content that lets people DIY your product or service on their own could be a great way to serve your customers and strengthen your brand’s image.
These are just some examples of what digital marketing can do to help your business survive this crisis. As it an extremely broad area of interest and continually evolving, you should take advantage of the power and flexibility it brings so that you can come out of this as strong as ever.
We are one of the best marketing companies in Anchorage, AK . If you need more advice on how to deal with this Coronavirus situation, get in touch with us today. We’ll be happy to help you out.