A responsive website is crucial to the success of your business for many reasons – the primary reason hovering over them all being APPEARANCE. In a world where customers make very little contact with your company before passing judgment on it, appearance matters. In this day and age of ever-growing use of technology and the internet, most people will go to a business website and investigate before they actually purchase what you’re peddling. Scary right? How does your web design pan out? Since we are a full-service Digital Marketing Firm in Anchorage, we wanted to use our experience to clarify what a responsive website even means and why it is important to your business.
Websites Respond. What are They Saying?
When a customer visits your website, they are experiencing your company. They type your web address into their search bar, or better yet, find it organically, and then they are thrust into the online world you (or your webmaster) have created for them to demonstrate your brand. It is important for you to go through the same process your customer will. Visit your site and ask yourself these questions:
- How quickly do the pages load?
- Do you have images? Video?
- How quickly do those items get displayed when a customer lands on that page?
A responsive website design improves usability and satisfaction, which equals more good things for your business. Here are two key factors that tie into this:
1) Compatibility of a website with different screens, devices, and resolutions.
2) Arrangement of content and elements in a way so that it is displayed efficiently on all devices no matter if your web design is far away in Anchorage Alaska, or on another side of the world! (Because distance matters too.)
Why You Should Give a Hoot
There are many important reasons why a responsive website is pertinent to the success of your company, and they all affect the success of your business on a monumental scale. Here are a few bullet points:
- More mobile love. The number of people who use mobile for research is growing by the day. You gotta give the people what they want, or you are leaving a lot of money on the table!
- A better web-designer experience. If you build your foundation strong from the beginning, you won’t have to worry about it crumbling later.
- A better user experience. All contact that a customer makes with your company should be as seamless as possible, this is a reflection of them of what continued business with you will be like!
- Screen size is a breeze. Tablet? Big screen? Laptop? None of this will matter if your website is responsive. It makes everyone’s lives just a little bit easier – and that’s really cool.
- SEO baby! Search engine optimization gets your website discovered. You, of course, want that to happen as much as possible, and knowledgeable web-design is your first-class ticket!
A responsive website is a huge pillar in the world of business success. If your site is not responsive people will get fed up, stop visiting and disassociate with your company – losing you tons of customers and revenue. That is why business owners must pay close attention to their web design initiatives and how well all the aspects are flowing together. What is the state of your company website right now? If you are unsure or feeling iffy about the situation, reach out to us. We can help you find a solution today, whether you’re in Anchorage or not!